Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 7 Peacefulness

"Peace that transcends all understanding." Philippians 4:7

Today I met the most peaceful man. A man, who would throw his life in front of yours if it was threatened. I man, who does not see violence as the answer. A man, who wants to be reunited with Syria, his country and his family. This man we met today is Muslim and we sat in his house hearing about how he would treat us if he was home or had the money to afford an elaborate meal. He is a fancy man, who was dressed very nice in his kefia (head dress) and a galabeya (robe). 

When you think about Muslims you might feel anxiety, fear, maybe emotions you can't describe... But if you have any ill feelings about Muslims he would change your worldview. It is not Muslims who are evil it is the teaching of the violence in Islam. Don't get me wrong... that man of peace is Muslim, but he does not practice the evil. Does that make sense?


I have been think a lot about peace and the lack of it in the states. I can't explain to you the feeling of most of the homes we visited here in Jordan that filled a room with the very presence of peace. I can only think of a few homes in the states that truly have this peaceful feeling. These Iraqi and Syrian families have been forced to leave their homes leaving all possessions behind... And after so much turmoil they still exuberate this peaceful aroma. The only way I can explain this perfect peace is because of Jesus... This peace that transcends all understanding.


The Lord has been teaching me a lot on this trip and he has been widening my peripheral vision to show me things I never noticed before. I have been asking Him to teach me and show me everything He has revealed and how to apply it and live it out when I get home. I want my jar of alabaster perfume to be broken and spilt, so the only thing people will see and smell is Jesus. I want the biggest thing people remember about me is the way I carry my cross, the way I serve, and the way I permeate Jesus through my life.


No comments: