Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 4 Full of His Goodness




Last night was a little crazy... Not for me or Omar... But for everyone else... They were up late! LOL! It is 7:27am and I have been the only one up for the last 45 minutes. LOL! And I didn't even go to bed early... I turned the lights off a little past midnight. 


The Lord has been ever so faithful in connecting hearts and personalities. And to this sweet gift I am thankful. If you are reading this and have a child here in Jordan or know one or two or more of these kids with the team... They are beautiful! They are compassionate. They are loving. They are funny. They are precious. They are getting it!


I wasn't sure when I signed up for this trip how the chaperoning part would go, but it has been a blessing. They have been referring to me as the mom of the group and even though I am way to young for that crazy talk... I have taken it as a compliment and grateful they see me that way. I love these kids... I know when this trip is over we will be bonded forever.

The Lord is good and ever so faithful.


Today was fun! We headed to Moab and saw The Greek Orthodox Church of St. George that dated back to the 6th century. The church had a beautiful mosaic map of the Holy Land, Jordan, and Egypt excavated in 1880's. We got to do a little shopping today as well!


We then went to The House of Ruth where we ate lunch and had some fellowship. The House of Ruth provides English classes, sewing classes, and computer classes for refugees in the community. This kind of ministry brings so much joy to my heart as they are given skills and something to keep their mind busy. The House of Ruth is such a beautiful place! 


Then we headed to Mt. Nebo. Mt. Nebo is where God told Moses he would not be able to enter into Israel with the Israelites, but God allowed Moses to see the Promise Land. It was beautiful! Standing on this mountain you could see the Dead Sea, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, the Jordan River, and so much more. 


After our visit to Mt. Nebo we went to visit 2 families... One was a Syrian Refugee family, who is Muslim (starting to love Jesus) and the other was an Iraqi Refugee family, who is Christian. Such pain and death has completely destroyed the hearts of the families, but the most awesome thing is God loves ALL of us... Terrorists, Muslims, Palestinians, ISIS, Christians, and the list goes on. He is moving amongst the ones that have felt and experienced unfathomable pain. The Lord God almighty is bringing healing, peace, comfort, and justice.
 

"I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven. As the eyes of slaves look to the hands of their master, as the eyes of a maid look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy.
Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us, for we have endured much contempt. We have endured much ridicule from the proud, much contempt from the arrogant." Psalm 123


I know and continue to learn that it is our duty to live as Christ has shown us. He has shown us through teaching and leading His disciples on what He expects and He very openly and plainly put it out there. Go and serve! Don't wait for God to speak to you on a yes or no, but simply serve and trust in His guidance as you say YES! He will ever so faithful shut that door if His answer is no. Without trust in God and the faith that is indescribable, my brothers and sisters in Christ her in Jordan would not be getting to know these families, who so desperately need peace and comfort. That's what it is all about... I really doubt God would say no to love and compassion that is an overwhelming need for His precious beloved that He longs for.


No comments: