Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 3 was the Day of Babies


Oh my y'all... I had the best sleep last night since beginning this adventure! Yes, I had some help from my friendly sleep-aid, but it was good! Praise the Lord for rest, a cool room, comfortable bed and comfortable comforter, and a shower.
My thoughts this morning have instantly gone to Janan, who we meet yesterday. I am thinking of the pain in her heart and asking the Lord over and over to heal it and to take it from her. She has a disability... Physically and mentally. She does not need or deserve this pain. I believe He can overcome this pain and I expect it.

"At this my heart pounds and leaps from its place. Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice, to the rumbling that comes from his mouth. He unleashing his lightning beneath the whole heavens and sends it to the whole earth. After that comes the sound of his roar; he thunders with his majestic voice. When His voice resounds, he holds nothing back. God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding."Job 37:1-5


I was devastated this morning. Completely surrounded by grief. My heart was so very heavy! But the Lord is good and brought me comfort and peace through babies. Babies were surrounding me all day... Life was surrounding me. The Lord reminded me of His goodness and provision for the Iraqi families we have met this far. He brought them out of their Christian city called Mosul... To safety in many different ways. For example... The older lady and her blind daughter that I shared with you yesterday left their home before ISIS came... This women had this desire to leave (in fear of her life and she could not convert to Islam), because she loved Jesus and she would not deny Him. She knew it was probably impossible, because she was old and her daughter couldn't walk, but she trusted her Lord and Savior.  He provided an exit through a man driving a big truck and he hoisted them up in the truck and took them to safety in a cemetery, where they would stay for 2 months under a brush arbor... Then a Priest came and provided a way for them to Jordan. I mean... If that isn't God then I don't know what is! There are so many stories of fear as they fled for their lives and then God coming to the rescue and pulling them out of the pit with His right hand. 


Then he reminded me of life through babies. Usually babies stare at me and don't come over and play with me, but they did today. I took this as a gift. A gift to heal the hurt I was experiencing, so I am going to leave you with pictures and the joy I experienced.









After lunch we went back to Miriam (old ladies house) and Janan's house to bring them food, chocolate (for Janan), and an ace bandage and a boot for Miriam's broken foot. It was a blessing visit as we got to love on them and help with some needs.
 








Finally I end with the fun of the night.








No comments: