Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Quilting for Jordan

This summer I am heading to Jordan with a group of freshly graduated Seniors from Kingsland Baptist Church. This is a new thing for me... A tad bit out of my comfort zone as I will be going as a chaperone. My heart has been aching for the Syrian Refugees for a couple of years, as I have seen the anguish of the refugees that live here in Houston. I have seen the pain they carry from the turmoil that they had to go through in their own land and then sent here to America with so many hopes and dreams for their family... Only to realize it is not at all what they had dreamed and hoped for.

I love traveling and meeting new people! So much so that I end up giving complete strangers my phone number. LOL! I have learned on my own and much "counseling" from friends and my husband that I have to stop and say no when asked for my phone number. LOL! I love different cultures and the differences in the way they do life. A lot of times they are not believers in Jesus and that makes me drawn to them even more. Not that I want to convert them, but how much I want them to know Jesus. The God, who sacrificially gave His perfect Son up to die for all the people that have lived, do live, and will live in this world. I want these beautiful people to see Him through me... To be able to see right through me and see only Him. That's all. That is why I go to places like Jordan, Bangladesh, and India. I don't go to these "scary" places for me, but only because I am called by Him. 

It is hard telling non-believers... Oh wait! Who am I kidding... It is hard to tell anyone, believer or not that I am going to Jordan. People give me that look like I am crazy. They ask me if I have seen the news... And I politely say yes. (that is a lie I stay far far away from the news, but I do get tid bits from my other half) Truthfully... I would go any where He called me to go (dangerous or not). That's just the truth and I can say that without an inkling of fear, because I know the end result no matter if I live another day or 80 years. Going to Jordan is not scary, but is bigger than me. Because I only go to bring Him glory!

Now that God has called me to a moment bigger than me... I have to walk by faith and not in my earthly skin. Faith that He knows how I will get there and the faith that I will persevere only through Him. I have started fundraising for this mission trip and I have found that putting my enjoyment and creativeness of quilting to good use... I have finished a quilt that I have poured my blood, sweat, and tears into (not literally, but it has been pretty frustrating at times).  

Quilt size is 79"X72"
This is how the raffle will work: I have a link to PayPal on the top right side of this blog page with a button that says "DONATE", that is where you can donate $25 for 5 tickets, $50 for 12 tickets, $75 for 18 tickets, and $100 for 25 tickets, and then you will be entered in to win this beautiful quilt. On March 28 at 8pm, I will put all the names and their number of tickets into a drawing through random.org. Then that lucky person will WIN the quilt!

Side note: I am WILL ship if the winner is out of state. :)

This quilt has become very precious to me, because I have had to overcome issues with the fabric, but in the end the issues have given it more character and more time for me to reflect on the bigger picture on what God is doing.

All I can say is thank you. Thank you for praying for me, encouraging me, supporting me, and thank you for believing in me and the power of the Holy Spirit that leads me.
 

No comments: