Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Light on the Hilltop

“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." (Matthew 5:14-16 NLT)

This was the Scripture passage that our Pastor preached on last Sunday and the girls also learned about this passage in Kid's Church. This morning I read 1 Peter 2:11-12 to the girls and it brought up Matthew 5:14-16 (above).

"Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (1 Peter 2:11-12 NLT)

We discussed living like a bright light on a hilltop and how we should be different than the world. It was a good discussion, because they knew exactly what I was talking about from what they learned on Sunday. It has really been heavy on my heart to lead them in way to not live of this world. I want them to learn to look up for the things to come and focus on the things that are righteous in only our Father's eyes, but I also want them to learn to do this life (as a light in the hilltop) as they walk in the world and walk beside those who desperately seek out the things of this world. (I am still trying to figure this out for myself too... Haha!)

I had dreams last night of the hardship of living as a Christian and I believe that dream came from a blog I read about the Egyptian Christians, who were just martyred. I want to raise little children that will not fear a thing as they grow up, but instead look to their Heavenly Father for their strength to know He is right beside them. I want them to know His power is mighty and nothing NOTHING can over power Him! My girls are going to go through rougher times than what today is throwing at us and they HAVE to be ready to stand in such a way that their light will be so bright it would blind the evil one and transform the ones caught in the deceivers traps. 

No comments: