Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy 2015!!!

Happy New Year!! A new year with a clean slate! Isn't that funny how it really does feel new?? Like no one remembers the old, but we are all living in the new year with new goals. We can all restart with better in our hearts. 

2014 has been sweet to my family. I had the privilege to travel to India twice and I was taught some hard things... Things I am still trying to grasp. My girls finished a school year, Hailee 2nd grade and Heidi Kindergarten... And then a new school year began, Hailee 3rd grade and Heidi 1st grade. We had a beautiful experience in Disney World last summer for 6 days... It was awesome and we plan on returning! I began running in the Spring of last year and have come to love that quietness between me and the road. A lot of praying has happened while I pound the pavement and there is nothing I can do, so I might as well make that time count and it has been precious to me. I ran my first 5K in May and did awesome! Then just recently my family and I prayed and decided to leave our home church of 8 years to take a leap of faith and new adventure with a Pastor, who will be planting a church called The Church at Cane Island. The pastor leading this new adventure is a man I respect and see as a life changer, someone who really sees the nations that are here in Katy and ready to bring a revival to many hearts. He is a man who is real, authentic, an evangelist, and I believe the Lord has great things planned for him and his congregation. Many are going to put their faith in the Lord, because of the willingness of this man to say "Yes." and to walk out on the water. I know our family is in for a life changing experience! Again, 2014 has been sweet! And I am excited about 2015! 

This year I have goals or resolutions (which ever you choose to use... They really mean the same thing to me)... My first one is using people's names when I see them. For instance saying "Hi, Brenda!" instead of my normal "Hey." I am always caught of guard when people come up to me and say "Hi" first... It's like they are surprising me and then I am frozen and can't get their name out. Not that I can't remember your name, but I always feel awkward. But names are important... I know when someone greets me using my name it makes me feel good... So that is what I am going to work very hard on. 

My second goal/resolution is being a Mary. Sitting at Jesus' feet, pressing into him, and not letting the busyness of life distract me away from the One I need more. Truthfully I am better with Him and I cannot function well without Him. It really is sad when I try... I am like a fish taken out of water and placed on the ground to flop and thrash around when I am not near Him. Let me tell you it doesn't feel good.

I will not be a Martha anymore! "Her sister, sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me." But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10: 39-42

I know as I seek Him more every other detail of my life will fall into place. I know as I seek Him more I will love BIGGER! Not just the worldly "love" so many try to accomplish on their own, but the kind of Love I don't even know about yet... I type of Love (compassion) I haven't put my guard down enough to even experience.

Cheers, my dear friends! Seek Him and if you haven't found Him keep knocking... The door will be opened. 

No comments: