Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

First and Best

My house is quiet. Everyone is in bed (even me). Usually before going to bed a read today's verse from this Bible app I have in my phone... And today it says:

"So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God." (Romans 8:6-8 NLT)

The girls and I have really been talking about how we can give our first and best to God in everything we do in our everyday lives. This first and best conversation came from a devotional we started doing this week that focuses on the people who are in the Hall of Faith (Hebrews 11). This week we learned about Abel and how he gave his first and best lamb as an offering to God and how his brother Cain gave some crops as his offering. God was not pleased by Cain's offering because it was not from the heart and it wasn't the best he could give to the Lord. This lesson has really made me ponder, think on, and truly ask for forgiveness for the many ways I do not give God my first and best. He deserves nothing less than my full self to completely be His. I truly do not want this life without Him... But I have not been living the way I truly desire Him and His closeness. 

Tonight I lay here in bed thinking about my first and best for God and if I even accomplished giving Him an inkling of what He deserves... Probably not.

But the verse I shared above says it all... Letting the Spirit control my mind will bring Him closer. I can truly tell you He is closer. I have been struggling with this weird anxious feeling for a couple of months... Going off on my family and letting this horrible anger lash out like a whip. The tongue is truly the sharpest and deadliest weapon. But this past week I have had much relief... My focus has been more on My Protector and Life Giver than my anxiety. He has filled me with peace and the Spirit is ever more evident and I am truly humbled in thanksgiving. There is nothing worse than living through our sinful nature... It doesn't make you or anyone else feel good or produce any fruit. The feeling is unwanted! But it seems when I get to my lowest point He is always there waiting to take my hand and wrap me in His love.

How are you giving you first and your best to God? He desires our best and deserves so much more.

Good night

No comments: