Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Where's the Merry?

This holiday season has been hard for me to grasp my merry spirit. I have found joy even when I don't feel like it, but it has been hard! I believe every Christmas gets sweeter as my mind can wrap more and more around the sweet gift God sent down to this earth as a precious baby born in the most humblest places. 

But, a lot of people this Christmas season have not had a humbled spirit... More like a judgmental spirit. I will be the first to tell you I am not perfect and I do have judgemental thoughts, but I am learning to keep my mouth shut (this is very hard! Not always successful) :).

This day in age social media has flooded our lives... If we put anything and everything on social media there will be people who will be like minded like you and share their views on the subject not thinking the harshness of their words. People have forgotten sensitivity... You may be the most giving, sacrificial, open armed person, but without the control of the tongue- the harshest weapon... I believe your efforts are empty, because someone out there (probably a lot of people who you are friends with) don't feel the same on a certain subject. The weak human nature will take control and their thoughts will change who they thought you were.

I don't know about you, but I know not everyone has the same thoughts and views on certain things and no matter how bad I want to grab them by their shoulders and shake the living daylights out of them and change their view on how they are going about things (let's say a Christmas tradition)... I will hold my tongue. Again am I always successful... NO! But He does take those unloving moments of mine and teaches me a little more on what He wants... And repenting I go!

What I am trying to get at is Love Bigger this new year! Think before you start ranting about a certain thing... Just because your family doesn't do a certain thing another family does, doesn't mean it is wrong. Times are going to get harder as the end draws near and we as believers in the same Jesus need to come together and lock arms... Instead of hurting and tearing down each other (maybe without even knowing it). 

No comments: