Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2014

Where is your home?

Every time I come home from being in a foreign country that is so different from my home I long for things. I long for water I can drink (safely), food I am so use to and crave (this last time hamburgers), water pressure in the shower, and this last time my family. But after being home for a week and a half I have come to realize the one thing I never have to miss... God and His constant presence and unending love. No matter where I go or how hard life gets I NEVER have to miss Him! I can love all these people on earth, but no ones love is as deep, wide, or long as my Heavenly Father's love. He is always there and always patiently waiting on me.

I have really been thinking about His perfect love and how flakey my love can be. Let me take you back... I am devoted to my daily devotional during the week, but when the weekend comes around... It is hard! People are home, they are noisy, and everything about my schedule is thrown off... So devotional time usually doesn't happen. But Sunday I desperately desired my time with my Father. I read about His love... 

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." Ephesians 3:16-19

You would think after reading this and praying that I would love like this that it would be a great day full of love and compassion. I am sad to say it wasn't. I am ashamed to say that I was a grumpy troll! (I have been putting this post off because I didn't want to admit how awful I was)  :( But I am a real person. People hurt me and I hurt others. I hate the phrases "We live in a fallen world." or "I am sinful by nature." Don't get me wrong... It is so true, but I believe we also use these phrases (and other phrases like them) as a crutch or excuse to cover up why we hurt others. Does that make sense? You will rarely (or never) hear me say that, because truthfully I made that choice. As a Christ follower I know how to act and behave. I made the choice to act like a grumpy troll to my family and in result came to each of them and asked for forgiveness for my nasty attitude. This is not the first time and probably won't be the last, but in the end it was my choice to choose grumpiness over joy.

Maybe everything I am saying is contradicting itself or maybe you are getting me... Who knows? :) But no matter how fallen this world is... As a Christ follower you ultimately make the choice to go down the windy bumpy road or the straight and narrow road. It's all a choice.

I am finally going to post this on the blog. I know it is hard to follow Christ. It is hard to go against the rapids of this world. I know. I am fighting the upstream current as well. The time is getting closer and life is going to get harder... But we as followers of Christ have to cling to him like never before. He is there waiting for you (us). We are not perfect and we do live in a fallen world, but you are chosen and righteous in the name Jesus Christ.

"I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
    He freed me from all my fears.Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
    no shadow of shame will darken their faces.In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him." Psalm 34

No comments: