Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Letting Facebook Go

Today I deleted the Facebook app off of my phone. This is huge for me, because lately I catch myself checking it every 5 minutes. I know it may sound silly... the Lord has been asking me for a while to get rid of Facebook off of my phone , but I ALWAYS had an excuse! Finally today while reading my devotional out of Jesus Calling...

"It is through trust that you stay connected to Me, aware of My Presence. Every step of your life-journey can be a step of faith... Each of my children is a blend of temperament, giftedness, and life experiences. Something that is a baby step for you may be a giant step for another person, and vice versa. Only I know the difficulty or ease of each segment of your journey."

This really hit me today... To let Facebook go. I like to be connected to people and yes, I am nosy and I want to know all that is going on in people's lives. But, if you are on Facebook... Isn't it that same for you? Wanting to know the details?

I finally took the step that is big for me, but may be small to you. All I want is to be closer to my Savior... All I want is to pour all my energy into trusting Him. I am over worrying about what others think of me, because ultimately He knows me better than I know myself.

"Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety."

What we all need in this day and age is to feel safe. There is so much crazy stuff going on in our world that is pouring fear into the deepest parts of us and as time goes by it is only going to get worse. We have to give ourselves up so we can get ready and trust in only Him.

I already feel lighter... Letting Him ease my yoke. Having faith in the unseen is hard, but the benefit is great!

No comments: