Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2014

Be a Lifter not a Sinker

My heart is aching for so many of my friends, who are hurt. We all get hurt through different situations and we all deal with some kind of hurt if you like it or not. 

I am dealing with hurt right now, because of unresolve. Not knowing what I did to hurt someone and in result not being able to simply say sorry for the hurt I might have caused. But again... It is not always about me and not always on my time.

As women I feel like we tear each other down rather than building each other up. We all deal with so much in our day that if one more thing is added we blow! I think too that a lot of us don't know how to accept constructive criticism... And in result not knowing how to respond we blow! As Christ followers we should be able to go to another sister and share our concerns and not feel threatened. I know it is hard for me to accept constructive criticism and in result my emotions have gotten the better of me and I have gotten hurt and upset with someone. But, I did eventually call that person and I shared my feelings with her and we worked it out. Was it easy? No, but my emotions were getting the better of me and that is not always good. (Never in my case)

We were given emotions for a very important reason... To have compassion for others, loving as we were first loved, anger for things that deserve justice, sadness for things we just can't understand, etc. But what we are not to do is make choices off these emotions... I have plenty of regrets from decisions I have made off of my emotions. Sometimes (most of the time) I need to sit back and really think about this emotion and try to see it from the other persons point of view, always pray, or let time take away the angry fumes (that one is mostly used for Bob). Eventually if you seek our Heavenly Father in these emotions he will guide and teach you for the next time the emotions come up (and they will).

All I guess I really wanted to say is... If your friend needs to talk she may just want you to listen. I think most of the time you can tell when someone just needs to vent and when someone needs encouragement. This life is way to hard to do on your own and sometimes we don't think to go to the Lord first (for many reasons), but he has given us a community of friends and sometimes venting makes us realize we have to get on our knees and give it to Him, because nothing in our power will work to fix it.  

Be a lifter today not a sinker.

"When I cried out from the cross, "It is finished!" the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. This opened the way for you to meet Me face-to-Face,  with no need of protocol or priests. I, the King of kings, am your constant Companion." -Jesus Calling

No comments: