Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finding Compassion in my Fleshly Struggles

Truthfully... Down deep... My way is the best way. Right?! You can tell me all day long the way to do something... But in the end I am the "expert". Haha!

I love people. I love it when people come out from their hiding and let their trueness come out! Does it annoy the heck out of me most of the time... Yes! But I guess we all have to find comfort in people feeling comfortable enough to come out of what they were hiding behind... Right?

The problem I am having lately is loving those who are spilling their troubles all over us and not finding any thanksgiving in the trials. And truthfully that makes it very hard for me to have compassion on you when you see nothing good. There is good all around us even when it is pouring down rain. We have recently had and continue to have a torrential down pour on us, but I see the light, and I am finding the good and happiness in this flood. 

But... Then I realize... Who am I to judge what so and so is going through? I truthfully do not know all the little details... I just see it thrown up all over Social media. Forgive me. I don't know what you are going through or maybe I do know and my flesh is making it very hard for me to be compassionate. 

But God is in control. He knows all of our deep dark secrets that we so desperately try to hide and put a pretty ribbon on to make us look so put together and perfect. But, man oh man am I thankful that He already knows, all I have to do is fess up, and it is no surprise to Him. 

I wrote half of this post in bed last night tired and exhausted, but I let my true feelings come out. I took my bow off and let you see my true feelings. :) Ha! This morning I am feeling refreshed as I know it is a new day. Half of our storm seems to be blowing over and normality is starting to come back.

Another thing I have been thinking about is a friend I ran into last night at a church function. My friend hasn't had the easiest life and things come up in her life and tend to bring her down, but last night she seemed different. I haven't seen her in a long while but she had this light and smile I hadn't seen on her. It was beautiful! I am praising our Father for this joy I saw in her last night because I believe He is transforming her and it was evident! What an awesome forgiving, loving, compassionate Father we have! 

Forgive me for my rant, but I pray for humility and I surrender myself to Him... To take my thoughts and feelings captive and to have the compassion for everyone He puts in my path. Because I can not walk this road without Him!

No comments: