Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Deeper than We See

The other night we were watching this reality hospital TV show... We never watch TV, so I can't remember the actual name... Anyways. This man fell off his building 3 stories high. Crazy right!? And he survived the fall! This man did not have a lot of money and he lived in "poverty" (poverty as we know it here in the United States). This man locked himself out of his apartment and decided to go to the fire escape and jump to his window... Well obviously it didn't work out as he had envisioned. The EMS came (quickly), transported him to the hospital, and took care of him as if he was in high class. It made me think of people living in poverty in the developing world and when I refer to the developing world I am talking about countries in Africa, South America, India, etc.

The people that live in poverty in the developing world don't get taken care of this way. They aren't rushed off to the hospital, they are not protected by law enforcement... No one would have rushed to the aid of this man in the developing world. 

It is heartbreaking, because I saw the pain this man was in. He was having internal bleeding and right before we changed the channel he was going in for surgery. This man did not have the money to pay for his medical care, but the doctors and nurses had a job to care for this man and it did not matter his race, his religion, or his economic status... They had a job to care for him no matter what he needed. This is not how it is everywhere else in the world.

We need to be thankful everyday for what we do have and not constantly point fingers at the problem. We are fortunate, privileged, and blessed beyond belief in this country. I ask you to look at the positives and maybe look a little deeper into what we have that most other countries plead, pray, and seek for.

My heart is saddened has I think deeper and farther into what the world is really like... I pray for justice. I seek our God and plead for justice for the oppressed. My heart aches for what my eyes have never seen, but I know I am being heard and I know those who are suffering and those who are crying out are being heard as well. I believe more and more that justice is being served and I praise God for this, but as a world so blinded... We need our eyes to be awakened. The blinders we have on need to be removed... The knowledge of the pain and suffering of the poverty stricken need to be spread and shouted. We need to spread the word and be the voice for the afflicted. Awaken and rise!

"He was amazed to see that no one intervened
    to help the oppressed.
So he himself stepped in to save them with his strong arm,
    and his justice sustained him." Isaiah 59:16

“And this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit will not leave them, and neither will these words I have given you. They will be on your lips and on the lips of your children and your children’s children forever. I, the Lord, have spoken!" Isaiah 59:21

No comments: