Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's the little things...

I haven't blogged in a while and I have really wanted to but, never had clear focus on one certain thing to say. Today something happened... everyday I ask the Lord to use me in any situation that He needs me in... It may simply be a smile to a complete stranger, maybe a quick How are you and eye contact, or maybe to simply talk to someone and show them you care. I am learning that just to listen to someone has been lost and in dire need to return. From my own experience I have had experiences with people who have seemed to have completely no interest in what I was saying in regards to a conversation we were having, or after I reply to a certain question or try to speak to a person they completely ignore me. These are just a few situations I have been in myself that have made me feel unimportant, boring, and uninteresting. Which is very wrong and rude! I really try to show that I care and listen to everyone I talk with, because I know how it feels to not be listened to.

I don't know how it is at your kid's schools this time of year but, I have been on 3 field trips in the last month and life is CRAZY and BUSY! Both of my girls have had a field trips to see a play in a theater, then they went to a park near by the school to have lunch and to play. The parent chaperones usually meet the kids at the park to eat lunch with them and watch them play while the grown ups mingle.

The first field trip was with Hailee's class and I have a great relationship with her teacher. The teacher calls me her prayer warrior... so we were talking about things going on with her and I was sharing a few things but, at this time we were talking there was this sweet lady standing beside me... she was listening and taking it all in. Later Hailee's teacher and I were talking and she said she thinks the Lord had bigger plans for that conversation we had at the playground underneath the big Oak trees. She told me she doesn't believe that the sweet lady that was standing next to me knows of the personal relationship between our God and herself. There was a sweet reason for that conversation that she listened to... and I am hoping He uses it for His glory.

Today there was another one of these God moments under the same big Oak trees in the very same spot. It was this man and his wife just spilling out what they are going through... He shared with me he has prostate cancer and that tomorrow he was having surgery. Truthfully it caught me off guard, but I had this moment to listen and show I cared and now I have the privilege to pray for him. I don't believe in coincidences... just God.

He is BIG AWESOME and MOVING! I feel like ever since I stepped back from serving the Bhutanese that my service to my Savior is not enough... that it at times is stagnant and not sufficient. I know it is not about me and my works... and ALWAYS for Him.

I believe bringing glory to Him is in the little things too. Loving on people through listening to them, eye contact, and being engaged in what they are saying. I am not always perfect, but I do know I want people to see Jesus through me.
 

No comments: