Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2014

Heart of the Mission

From the very beginning of my walk as a true follower of Jesus Christ has been this longing and love for the nations. I can't get enough of other cultures! The Lord has specifically narrowed and zoned my heart to a very particular region of this world. I don't know what it is and words could never describe this deep desire to love and throw myself into the most unique situations. I could have never told you in a million years that I would be traveling half way across the world to do missionary work in India... of all places India! But, as I have traveled to India two times and Bangladesh once there are no other people groups more beautiful. I look at the Asian Indian people group and I see nothing more than beauty... Beauty that is so easily degraded in their society. I see life... Just like life that you and I have! But most of these lives are not worth anything unless they are born in a high cast or of wealth. It is heart wrenching to say the least but, there is a bigger picture to why I go.

I don't go on these mission trips for myself (even through it is always an eye opener), I don't go because I am going to change the world... I go because He has called me. He has put this calling on my heart many years ago and now that I am a Christian He has zoned that calling towards a purpose. A purpose to love and show them how much their life is worth... that no matter what anyone has ever called them, treated them, or terrible things they or someone else has done that there is a forgiving God who shows grace and mercy that no human on earth could ever come close to revealing. A purpose to be an empty vessel filled with the Holy Spirit to love these girls/women in a way never thought possible and to share my story of redemption that there is beauty from ashes.

But one of the things that is hard to grasp about being called to a mission a is money. I ask God "How can you travel across the world with no money?" Most of the time He is dead quiet and it makes me think well maybe I am not suppose to go... but I am one of little faith. He is bigger than my travel and lodging money problems... I know He is in control but, OH MY... it is soooo HARD to sit and WAIT!

For over a year now, I have been called to go to New Delhi, India... I have been reassured of this but, funding is a huge problem right now. I am fundraising, but it is oh so hard sometimes! I know He has a bigger plan and He knows how this is all going to fall into place... but truthfully it is hard to sit and wait! If you think of me please pray... Pray for His will, pray for His glory, Pray that I will be patient. Thank you

1 comment:

Ian Walsh said...

I am still blessed to see your heart to people and to know in many ways that God is continuing to stir your heart for the people of the world...For God so loved the world... and He has put His love in your heart. When He does that and He calls you to follow, He also promises to provide.. that provision will come at just the right time as you exercise your faith in complete trust like your beautiful kids put their trust in you.