Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2014

He is my Resurrection

My heart is aching and my soul is groaning...

I have so many other things I should be doing right now, but my Spirit says to sit down and write.

This Sunday was beautiful and I hope you had a beautiful remembrance and celebration of what Christ has done for you. My heart was in mourning over the thought of so many who rejoiced over Jesus as he came in to Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, but then turning their backs on him before Passover... I mean talk about hot and cold, but isn't that us every day?

I mean one day we will be rejoicing His name and the next we will speak blasphemy and shame on Him. I will be the first to tell you I am not perfect, but I do strive to bring glory and honor to my Father above... do I always succeed, no but I really try.

I can be a little zealous... and what gets me fired up is if you say you are a believer in Christ and then you go and add things to Him. He is perfect and needs nothing added! I get very zealous, because I know what my Savior has done for me and I know the amazing power he has over my life... I am a slave to Christ and no longer a slave to my sin. It is amazing to me and I want everyone to have this amazingness inside of them!

Sometimes when I get riled up over people's words and comments my answer doesn't come out how it should... Lord forgive me, thankfully I know He knows my heart and my desire to serve Him.

My heart is aching and my soul is groaning for the people, who believe they need to add things to God. When I read the Bible it is very black and white (with some red) and I believe all of what it says with no ifs, ands, or buts... I also know He does amazing things through us. But sometimes we think He is doing amazing things through us,  but really it is ourselves and our pride takes over. I believe He can speak through us, give us prophecy, give us the gift of healing, have us speak in tongues, etc., but not one of us will have all these amazing gifts because we work as a body. Scripture says...

"Now, dear brothers and sisters, regarding your question about the special abilities the Spirit gives us. I don’t want you to misunderstand this. You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols. So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have...
 Are we all apostles? Are we all prophets? Are we all teachers? Do we all have the power to do miracles? Do we all have the gift of healing? Do we all have the ability to speak in unknown languages? Do we all have the ability to interpret unknown languages? Of course not! So you should earnestly desire the most helpful gifts." 1 Corinthians 12

I also believe if you are performing any "gifts" that are not done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ... I believe they are being performed through dark angels. I will get very zealous and protective of my faith when I see and my Spirit reveals to me of the wrong that is being performed. It hurts my heart to know words when the name of God is thrown around like a piece of garbage.

I am sorry if you get offend by this post it was not my intention, but the Truth so close to our grasp.



 

No comments: