Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 13, 2014

In Memory of Bernadette Izquierdo Morrow

My heart is sad.

My friend/ex sister-in-law, Bernadette lost her battle to cervical cancer yesterday morning. It was a year of battling this beast, but I am guessing her body had enough and couldn't fight it anymore.

What a loss! She had a huge heart and was always willing to help... a servants heart. Bernie loved animals! She would probably lay her own life down for an animal if it came down to it. Bernie always had dogs and fostered dogs. And some how always found a stray... or maybe the stray dog found her. She rescued so many dogs in the years I knew her that you would have thought she was a magnet that smelled like bacon! I never understood how she found all those stray dogs, but she did and she loved them so very much.

Bernadette was very giving and loving. She was always so very sweet to me and my girls. The gift of hospitality was another one of her strengths. She always made sure you were okay and if you needed anything.

Bernie was also fun! She loved a good party! She was always up for fun... maybe that comes from having 11 (or 12) brothers and sisters. Ha!

She will be severely missed, but I know she is in heaven and I look forward to the day when we will reunite.

Tomorrow is her funeral and we will be there saying our final goodbyes and supporting Bernie's family, who loved her so much. It makes me really think about this life and how I live it. I question myself... Am I living it to its fullest? Bernie was only 38... 7 years older than me. I see it as a privilege to live this life... so we better live it well.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remembering Bernie two years (+) later. Just came across this lovely post and memory of her. She did have a big heart. She would have been 40 this year, still so young. Wanted you to know she has been in mine and Anke Arnold's thoughts lately.