Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Grace?

The past couple of week the word grace has been swirling in my head. I have been asking God "What is grace?" Here is the definition of grace
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

 

WOW! Truthfully I just now pulled this definition up on Google.

 

Grace has been talked about a lot lately. It is coming up everywhere... in the Bible study I just began and at church... and the Lord has been ringing the word grace in my ear. Grace is huge! I mean... Jesus was here on this earth, sinless, perfect, not lacking a darn thing and God used his perfect Son for the ones who mocked him, beat him, yelled at him, said curse words at him, etc. God didn't just have Jesus die for the people back 2000 years ago, but he died for me and you. I didn't even know God until about 7 years ago, but He knew me a looonnnggg time ago. Jesus became my sin... took on my sin... and died a horrible death for ME! He died for the one who is drawn to sin... he died for the one who shows no remorse for their sin... he died for the one who murders, lies, uses His name in vain, the one who follows and participates in idolatry, etc. He showed us grace. He has given us freedom from our sins by his perfect Lamb that was sacrificed for you and me.

 

So I have known this grace, but grace seems to be getting bigger in my world. He shows me grace everyday... He could easily take my life for the sin I continually act on, but he doesn't. He loves me for who I am and gently reminds me of my sin.

 

But, I have begun my Stuck bible study he has revealed more of his grace...

 

"In Christ's death I found grace. Grace to be a sinner. Grace to not measure up. Grace for people around me to disappoint me. Grace for my kids and my husband to be human. It is important we understand the reason why we can be imperfect. We don't have to try to measure up or pretend God rescued us from that impossible pursuit through the blood of Jesus Christ...

 

Grace frees me from having to measure up to the impossible standard, while at the same time, grace motivates me to run from sin and obey God...

 

Shame has paralyzed us. We are afraid to come out of hiding and admit we are flawed. It is ridiculous because we are all flawed. God knows it and we know it. Why are we pretending?

 

The space in which we feel stuck, lacking, sinful, broken, and in need, is the space in us that longs for God, longs for forgiveness.

 

Once we have tasted that grace, we are compelled to give our lives away because of it. Because God was that good to love us despite of our sin. He was that merciful to give everything to make us right with Him. Knowing that kind of grace changes everything. And we long to follow a God like that. A God who is offering life and peace to those who obey Him, the those who follow Him. He is even offering the means to obey and live a life for Him, through the Holy Spirit. Obedience turns into a response to the love of our God rather than a duty to perform for Him." -Jennie Allen

 

I guess I cannot describe this feeling and knowledge of grace, because it comes from the Holy Spirit living inside me. Usually I cannot describe most of what the Lord does inside of me and then it ends up pouring out of me through tears, because I am that thankful. I am sinful... no matter how big or small our sin is it is all awful. But this awful sin is not the death of me, because I have eternal life through Jesus Christ. No words can explain... but I have faith and trust in Him and his Word that his grace is efficient enough for whatever I lack.

 

No comments: