Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Child like Faith

 
One of the greatest joys as a Christian believer is when your child accepts Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, but another is watching your children grow and live out this new life.

Hailee accepted Christ as her Savior when she was 5 years old, but has not been baptized. I have not pushed her to be baptized, because I believe that is between her and the Lord. He has perfect timing and her timing to profess and show that the Lord is her everything has not come to be... but that doesn't mean she does not believe.

I think Hailee has a very hard time verbalizing who God is to her, because I think she thinks there is a certain way to do it... maybe she thinks there are certain words that have to be used. This makes me sad, because she is already feeling pressure from this world we live in. My prayer is that the Lord will conquer these feelings to have to measure up to the worlds standards. Also, I pray as she matures she will live out her God-centered life the way our Father guides her to.

The reason I am writing about this is because she is already following our Father in her own way. It is not through her being vocal, but through the way God has created her... through quiet.

I was participating in my normal library time at the girl's school this morning. Hailees's class came in and Hailee's teacher waved at me to come over to her, so I walked over and she told me they wrote a paragraph on where they would be in 100 years. She told me she was going to put all the kids papers together and make a class book, but she decided to give me Hailee's paper because it was worthy to be framed and hung on the wall.

This what it says: In 100 years... "I died because I stoped breathing. I died at 100 years old. I was a Christian I traveled all over the world to teach people about Jesus."

What is more perfect then conformation from my Father that she is understanding and maturing in her faith! It really doesn't get better than this! I am praising the Lord for his faithfulness and continuing to hear my prayer and continuing to have grace and mercy on His children.

It has been hard not seeing my Bhutanese friends as I normally did. It has been hard to let that part of my life go, but he is blessing me through my obedience and reassuring me that I am doing what he has called me to do in this very moment. I am beyond thankful.

"Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7

 

No comments: