Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 10, 2014

"Smell"

"Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God." 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

Wow! I have read this before, but I just did a little devotional that opened my eyes a little more. I have been meditating on this story for the last couple of days that talks about a people group in Africa. The man wants to know how to say "I love you." in their language and when "I love you" is translated in the tonal language it is received as "I receive your smell." Umm... Have you ever smelt a different cultural group from your own before? Just a tad different. (sometimes) This has really opened my eyes to how I receive other peoples smells. I will be honest... I don't receive unusual smells very gracefully. :) I am going to work on this... And what better place to do it than India. Ha.

As I was reading this passage and a few other passages that went along with the devotional; I came to the conclusion I need/want to completely empty myself to recieve the smells of others and take it in as a gift. A gift that God made these people and just because they don't do things they way I do them doesn't mean I should judge them for it. Right? Maybe judge is not the right word... But do you get what I am saying? I just want to completely put myself aside and take it in... And make a relationship. 

I want to love so deeply that all I smell like is a sweet perfume of Christ. I am wanting nothing more than to give a sweet aroma to the Lord as an offering of my love for him and to honor him and give him every ounce of glory. Amen.

So I pray God will awaken me even more, that He will rattle me more and more with His presence, and that He will reveal even more "smells" of His love and that I will accept it with open arms.

No comments: