Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!! ~2014~

Happy New Year, my dear friends! How did 2013 go by so fast? I think it goes by faster and faster as the girls get older. Can you imagine being God and the years going by as fast as a blink? I can't. This year has been good... nothing out of the ordinary, but good. It has been quiet but busy. No over seas traveling, but life has been busy as new things have flourished. I am blessed!

This morning I started my New Year off by getting up before everyone else in the house and preparing to go and workout at the gym. I came downstairs drank my Spark and then sat on the floor opened my Bible and read through Haggai. The book of Haggai is not long, but it talks about rebuilding the temple and how the people forgot about rebuilding God's temple as they focused on their own homes and building their own homes big a beautiful. The first thing that popped into my head was "This is us today!"

"Then the Lord sent this message through the prophet Haggai: “Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Look at what’s happening to you! You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!" Haggai 1:3-6

His temple is no longer a building, but it is our bodies. Our bodies are his temples. Do we seek Him like He seeks us? Is our mind filled with his greatness, his Word? Are we speaking of him all the time and sharing with everyone of his greatness? When given the opportunity do we share the Truth of who Yahweh is? Don't get me wrong... I am not pointing fingers. I have my problems too and shamefully do not put the Lord first. I have been praying all year he would continue to reveal sin to me that I am not even aware of when I commit it and I will say he has been faithful in answering that prayer. LOL! But as I read this passage it became even more aware to me that I have been a little more concerned about dressing my Temple up rather than filling my Temple with him. I have planted some seeds, but there has not been much harvesting going on... but I believe this year is going to be an amazing year filled with him. I know that even though I am sinful he shows me mercy, hears my prayer of forgiveness, and shows me grace to continue to live this Life out that he gives me a new everyday.

At the end of chapter 1 the Lord says "I am with you, says the LORD!"

Enough said.

This year is going to be a year where I do not ignore him, but I listen and follow. Because of my obedience I pray my Light will shine brighter through the darkness that lurks in this world. And because my Light will be brighter there will be more to harvest. I pray all of this will happen because of complete obedience and bring glory to my Father.

No comments: