Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where is Jesus?

I know sometimes I become very overcome by the darkness of this world. My heart aches from the attack on unborn life to the capturing of innocent men and women and making them slaves. My heart aches as God's word is being rejected and our own worldly desires are over shadowing the holiness of God. My heart aches as believers in our Lord Jesus Christ are scared to speak the Lord's name in fear of offending someone.

But, I was encouraged today while listening to our Christian radio station here in Houston that starting today on Capitol Hill there was going to be the annual reading of the entire Bible. People come and volunteers read starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. They say it takes 90 hours to read the whole book. Amazing! This encouraged me a lot today and prayed earnestly for our country, for the freedom we have, and for our holy God to fall upon us.

I pray for an awakening in the church, His people, and our homes. We are all so lost and confused without Him and we don't even know it. I want nothing to do with anything that has nothing to do with my Father... it is very hard for me to make myself shine my light in the darkness, because I want to stay where the light is the brightest. But, this is not what we are called to do... we are told to go out into all the world no matter if it is dark or not.

I am thankful for my faith and how it is growing stronger, because the day will come where the light will be hard to find. But, I am thankful one little flicker of light can light up the darkest of rooms.

No comments: