Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our Children...

Here is what I have been thinking about for the past couple of weeks... What are we teaching our children? The next generation...

Are we teaching them about money and fame? Are we telling them or living by example that more money is better? Or being recognized by a title is how and what we live for?

Are we teaching our children to boast about themselves and what they have accomplished? Are we teaching them bigger is better?

Tonight I was at a "churchy" related thing (which turned out to be something totally different than I expected) and at first it was good and the choir and instruments were so good... I felt the Spirit, but as soon as some men got up on the stage and shared about all their church had and continued to do... It turned me off an here is why... because I friend of mine is very close to this ministry and she told me it sounded like lies. I have begun to help with this ministry and it made me question a few things this man was saying. Don't get me wrong I am sure this church has really helped this ministry, but why was he continuing to boast about something that needs so much help still?

There was so much talk about money and titles and boasting... It made me feel uneasy. Then it made me think (and feel compelled to write this blog post)... What are we teaching our kids, the next generation? Are we teaching them of Truth or of the world?? What do our Maker want is to boast about?

"Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:3-9

No comments: