Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Genuine Love

The last couple of days genuine love has been on my mind. What is genuine love? How do I make genuine love part of my everyday life? Not just loving my family with this genuine love, but taking it outside the inside of my house.

I was challenged when I was talking to a dear brother through Facebook instant messaging this weekend and I told him how much I miss his and his wife's genuine love. He wrote back and said "No sister I think you have this love also". It got me thinking... Do I have this love? Do I love with this genuine love and others feel it? If you read my blog often then you know I am pretty hard on myself... I think lowly of myself... thinking I am not good enough to live this life in Christ (and I am not, but by his blood and this death I am and I am beyond thankful). I began telling myself I do not love with this genuine love... but then I began to think... I love my brothers and sister in India and Bangladesh with this love... I love my Bhutanese brothers, sisters, and friends with this genuine love. But, what about my own nationality? Do I do that well?

I don't think I love my fellow Americans very well. Truthfully we are overly blessed to the point we don't know we are being blessed because of our silly little problems we face every single day. For instance, when Hailee gets home from school and Heidi is no longer the "only child" the house gets loud, tears fall over nothing, people scream at each other, homework has to be done, cooking dinner, and then cleaning... I was thinking at 5:00 pm today "When is this day going to be over?!?". I stopped what I was thinking and I was completely ashamed! This day has been nothing but perfect and here I am complaining over NOTHING! We all do this... and we know nothing about true blessings. We get so caught up in ourselves we forget about the bigger picture.

Last week I was asked by a friend "How are you doing?" I said, "I am good, nothing worth complaining about." And my friend said "That is a very Christian response." That caught me completely off guard. I said to my friend (which I can't remember my exact words) something like... in the big picture I don't have the right to complain. Truthfully I was at the beginning of a cold and laid on the couch all day, but in the big picture I was not dying! I had a cold! I was fine and I was thankful to be well enough to be at church and learn more about the character of my Savior.

Father is teaching me more about genuine love. He is opening my eyes and teaching me to show it to my own people/nationality. I am become more aware of my issues (which are like yours), but come on people open your eyes to the BIGGER picture! We are not the only ones on this planet! There are so many people that need to be loved and cared for... don't just keep this love God gave us inside your homes. Smile always. Be cheerful when you talk to others. Even when I don't feel like it... I do it anyways because it isn't always about me. I am being taught that as well... it isn't always about me. :)

If you think this way or not I believe love is a Spiritual gift. Gifts given specifically to followers of Christ to edify His church. I believe service is also a unified gift, but I won't go there. Love is a precious gift given to us by God. A gift that without truly knowing Him and what He did here on this earth and knowing why he died for us... I have seen many faces that look so empty because they do not know this gift of Love. This deep desire inside to share and pour out on everyone you meet. This gift is given freely and without truly knowing it for yourself... I am sorry to say you do not know genuine love. I once did not know true genuine love, but when I became a believer in my Lord and Savior my eyes were open and I was given this Love.

Just think about your Genuine Love and what it looks like in your life.

No comments: