Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A new darkness...

First, let me just say this is not me bashing anything or anyone... this a journal of how my Savior is molding me, bending me, and stretching me as I grow in my faith. My journey of how He is breaking my heart and opening my eyes to things we don't see day to day without His authority. So what I am about to share is part of this journey He has me on and WOW!

Today is Thursday, my day to go visit my Bhutanese friends. I truly look forward to these days, because you NEVER know what you are going to get or where the Lord will lead your feet. I had an idea on what today was going to look like, because I made an appointment with a new friend the week before (I blogged a little bit about her last week). A few days before today I was informed my new friend comes from a high cast Hindu family and I thought that was pretty good information before I went in completely unaware. This was my first time in their home and it was very clean and inviting... and if you know me I vocalize everything, so I told my new friend and her mother-in-law how much I loved their home, so they took me around and showed me their rooms. Okay great! :) The mother-in-law insisted she show me her room first so, we go to her room and she was all about showing me her shrine of her gods. She was bowing before her gods and she gave me a very strong impression she wanted me to bow as well... while all this was going on I had a voice in my ear saying "You will not bow before any other gods but me.". I did not bow! I was then taken to my friends room and it was very nice too. She also had a little shrine as well, but she did not bow in front of it or anything like what happened with her mother-in-law.

The mother-in-law was very happy I was in her home and she wanted me to sit and look at all these pictures she had of her family and so I did. I really enjoy looking at pictures... the people in the pictures, what they may have been thinking or doing, what the surroundings were. It is just one of my weird things... I will sit there forever with you and your pictures. :) Anyways, my new friend and I sat and did henna... actually she did henna on me... not the best henna I have had on me and not sure if I still want it on me after what happened later and the darkness that hovered over me later, but none the less it is on me for the next week or so. My new friend and I got to know eachother more and that was very nice, but after about an hour it was time to go. Then my friend's husband came home for lunch and it was very nice to meet him and talk with him a little. We began to talk about how Americans are very wasteful (this conversation started when I started sharing my views on advertisements we get in the mail) and after the American bashing I said "Well, there will be an end one day and none of this will be here anymore." And that was the end and he both said our goodbyes.

I then went and visited my sweet friend, Ranuka, who loves me and my children very well. I am very thankful to her and her husband, Kumar. They are always very hospitable and opened to talk to me about many things. I thank the Lord for their friendship and pray one day our hearts will be united in Christ.

When I left the apartments I had a TERRIBLE headache. I came home and laid down for a bit and when I woke up I had this heaviness upon me, a dark looming feeling. I tried to call Margie and talk with her about my experiences today, but she did not answer so I text messaged my sister, Andrea. I started to explain the happenings of the day and she wrote me quickly "Call it out in the name of Jesus. Don't allow it to hang around." and so I did. It instantly lifted. Satan did not like that I stood before his little figurines in the altar, he has worked so hard at confusing and at his bondage schemes, that he wrapped me up in some of his darkness. I am so thankful for the blood of Jesus and that I can simply call out to Him and He hears me... and that I am a child of righteousness. Thank you Jesus.

I know without a doubt the Lord is preparing me for something...

As I ponder about what happened today I can't help think about how a lot of us so called believers in Jesus Christ think it is okay to be okay with these breakable gods. These gods that if were dropped would shatter. How is it okay to coexist with so many who do not know the LOVE of Christ? How is it okay to coexist with so many who have never been told or introduced to the Gospel stories that are all connected to the perfect Lamb? How is it okay to give up on the ones, who have never had the chance to hear the name of Jesus because it is too hard or too uncomfortable? I understand loving them where they are and building a relationship, but why do we stop there? These other gods could NEVER be connected to the One true God! You wanna know why... because a lot of people (most all of them) don't know the names of their gods or to top that off... they don't know what that god does or maybe even... why do they worship him/her.

So my question is... Why follow and put so much effort into these gods that you don't know and who doesn't know you?

"Listen to me, O my people, while I give you stern warnings.
O Israel, if you would only listen to me!
You must never have a foreign god;
you must not bow down before a false god.
For it was I, the Lord your God,
 who rescued you from the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide, and I will fit it with good things." Psalm 81:8-10

No comments: