Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A life I am thankful for...

Everyday I pray the Lord will take this day and make it into whatever he wants... a lot of the times my flesh gets in the way and I completely ruin what could have been so glorifying to my Father. It makes me sick when I give into the world or fleshly desires (which is never good). But, days like today when I am blessed to get a glimpse into what he is up to or planning. Then I ponder on what next week will hold.

A few weeks ago, I met a very sweet young Bhutanese lady and when we met she shared more with me in our first meeting then most do... it usually takes me a good while to learn deep details in some of the ladies lives I have met. Maybe she felt very comfortable with me in our first meeting or maybe she really needed to talk to someone... who knows? But, today with our second meeting of really having a good conversation I began to feel the urging of the Holy Spirit. I started thinking on this and I am ready for what the Lord wants of me. My life is no longer my own but, my Saviors and I don't live for myself but, I live for my Creator. I am so excited about this new friendship, because I am thinking the Lord is giving me this quiet time in my life to build relationships with my Bhutanese friends and to pray and meditate on what my Father is preparing me for in this life.

We have plans for next week and I am excited to share more on our next meeting.

"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done." Psalm 9:9-11 

No comments: