Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2013

This Aching...

Today has been a sad messy day. It started on my way to see my Bhutanese friends... I cried out to my Father as I knew he was going to use me for his purpose today. Then not long after arriving to the apartments, where my friends live, I was given terrible news of a husband not wanting, not loving his wife anymore... Hurting my sweet friend with hurtful words and making her feel like nothing. As she told me all of this my heart was breaking because I could tell that she was trying to hold it in and not to show emotion. I asked my sweet friend if I could pray for her and she said yes. So I did... I prayed the best I could as we were both weeping. Thankfully words do not need to be spoken for our Heavenly Father and Creator to know what is going on inside of us. Such a sweet woman made to feel worthless in a world that feels so big and out of her reach to change anything.

My sweet friend and I spent the day together and we did things together we don't normally do... Shop! It was a sweet time I will treasure forever.

On my way home from our visit... I cried. I cried for my friend, I cried for her husband, I cried for their marriage, and I cried for their salvation. None of this is in my control... I know this, but what to so about this aching? I don't want to get rid of it because I need it to continue my thoughts and prayers, but what do I do with it? I am sad! Is that sadness there to mourn, cry, and pray for this family? Have you felt this deep sorrow for a dear friend? Not of the same nationality or even from your own beliefs, but something deep inside that has connected your 2 hearts? This is all so new to me but, what I can say is it feels right! This love is deep for my sweet friend and I know the feeling is mutual... And I know that is all I am to do... Is love her unconditionally.










1 comment:

Julie P. said...

Such an amazing ministry to her! Grieving with her, for her, loving her well Sterling! I read a book this past summer that was SO encouraging about loving others well. I highly recommend it! Loving Well by William P. Smith. Also, kind of random, but here is an amazing article about Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick Fil a loved a non Christian well written by a non-Christian. Especially read to the end: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-windmeyer/dan-cathy-chick-fil-a_b_2564379.html