Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Plague

The flu, which I will refer to as the plague, has hit our house. The girls started coughing on Monday, headaches began Tuesday night, and fevers and aching hit Wednesday. Hailee came home early from school on Wednesday with a fever of 104. When I was at the school picking Hailee up the receptionist told me 30 kids were out on Tuesday due to the flu. After she told me that I knew our odds weren't very high... I had a pretty strong feeling that Hailee did have the plague. I came home and made a doctor appointment for both girls, because Heidi has had similar symptoms but I wasn't sure if she had the plague or not.

We went to the doctor yesterday and I learned so much about the flu. Did you know you can have the flu and not always have fever? You can vomit with the flu as well. I learned so much... I was thinking we caught the nasty plague early, but come to find out this all started Monday with the cough. That was something else I learned... the flu comes in stages. The girls started with a coughs (which at first I thought was allergies and then I thought they had a cold)... and then BAM!, headaches and aching. Poor babies! They got tested for the flu (which really ticked Heidi off) and both of their tests came back positive and the weird thing is they have different strands of the flu. Weird right?

We have been blessed for a long time without being sick and to that I am very grateful. As I was sitting hear complaining in my head on how we have been dealing with different sickness on and off for about a month... I was quickly reminded on how calming our lives have been lately. You may wonder what I mean when I say calming... not busy, not rushing around, quiet. Yes, I may have been a nurse a lot and having to deal with things I hope I never have to clean up again, but I am thankful for times like this we get to sit at home, spending time together forced to stay in doors, and now the girls are starting to feel a little better and they are now painting together.

So even though we are dealing with the plague and in quarantine. I am thankful and blessed I get to be home with my two girls. (even though there is a LOT of whining)

"Rejoice always, pray continually,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: