Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chittagong, Bangladesh Day 1 Part 2

The were in Dhaka for one night and then we were off to Chittagong. It was a short flight and next thing we knew we were being greeted by our dear brother, Jacob. (more on him and his family later)
 

Jacob took us to the Guest house where we stayed for the next 3 nights, we dropped our stuff off into our rooms and went to have tea, while we were drinking our tea Jacob tells us there are 100 students, Campus Crusade for Christ staff, and Muslim men from the islands ready and waiting for us. We were like "Okay, what should we do?". Jacob said some like "I don't know, but they are all waiting so lets go!" We didn't know it at the time, but the Holy Spirit had a plan. We got to the church and there they all were... waiting for us.

This is the wall that goes around the church and school that is inside the compound. God is good and sovereign!!! Praise the Lord for these words and all who drives by can read these words!

I didn't know it yet, but this sweet lady on the right hand side of the photo will forever make an imprint on my heart. This is sister Lusi and oh how I love her! I am thankful for her example of how to love your family as God has intended a woman to love, for her big heart and hospitality has she made us all feel so welcomed as if this is our home, and most of all she showed me how to love my husband as I watch her love Jacob and how she took care of his needs no matter how little it was. I will talk more about her later, but I had to tell you how much I truly love my sister.
 Oh... this man in the middle of Traci and Gil... This is Zia, he is a true hero of bringing God glory even to death. I will share more on him later. But, this man bares the image of Jesus more than anyone we have ever met. (quote from Andrea)

Here is Brian meeting one of the Muslim men, who came from one of the islands. We were told these Muslim men had heard the Good News and some were possibly ready to be baptized... but this was not the case they were pretty hard core Muslims. But they were and heard to Good News. :)

Here we are going upstairs ready to break it down and share some of Jesus' goodness.

Here we all are about to start our day. I was nervous not knowing what any of this was going to look like. We truly had to trust on the Holy Spirit... nothing was done on our own will, but fully trusting His will.
Here is Brian being led by the Spirit and teaching from Philippians on unity. It was so good and we were all blessed!
Here is everyone listening.
 
After lunch (and eating with our hands) I shared the Bible story of the demon possessed man in Mark 5 and then Andrea shared her testimony of what Jesus had done in her life. Amazing story of God's love, redemption, healing, and hope. It was such an awesome day of God revealing Himself in a way we never expected. I am thankful for the way He wanted things to go rather than us leading through our flesh. I am in love with the these people and my heart is still with them.
 
After Andrea shared her story our sweet brother and sisters came up to great her with smiles, hugs, laughter, and love. To Him be the glory and honor forever and ever.
 
This is all for tonight and I will continue with more of my Father's great story tomorrow...

No comments: