Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Turning 30

May 11, 1982 is my birthday and today I turned 30. Yes... the BIG 3-0. I don't feel 30 and I hope I don't look 30, but who knows. Today I went to the gym and got a good workout in, then 2 very sweet friends took me out for a Mexican lunch, I then came home and took a nap, Heidi had her gymnastics performance tonight (that showed us all what she has learned this year), and then the storms hit and we were out looking for an ice cream cake, which we ate when we got home. Tomorrow Bob is taking me out on a date to celebrate this BIG day.

So many wonderful things and bad things (more good than bad) happened in my 20's...

My 21 birthday was AWESOME!
August 29, 2003 I got married to my best friend.
November 14, 2004 we had our first beautiful child, Hailee.
June 2005 we moved make to Houston (where I feel at home)
November 2005 we began to go to church.
We made great friends, who are now my brothers and sister.
In 2006 I became a believer in my Lord Jesus Christ.
We bought our first house.
July 6, 2008 we had our second beautiful child, Heidi.
July 7, 2009 I was diagnosed with Melanoma/skin cancer (which rocked my world)
I grew in my relationship with my Father and put my trust and faith in Him.
August 2009 I became Cancer-Free!!
March 2010 I got Baptized!
August 2010 I began homeschooling Hailee
March 2011 The Lord led me to Israel.
August 2011 We bought our second house.
January 2012 The Lord again led me to India.
After I returned from India I was told to help and love on the Bhutanese.

I know this doesn't seem like much and I know I have missed so much, but these are the highlights and in every single one of these highlights I can tell you how God was in control and moving. He was with me when I had absolutely no faith or trust in Him. He never ever gave up on me when I was shaken... He was standing strong and holding me up. I am learning every single day and moment about Him. I can't wait until the day comes that I will see Him face to face.

I am so blessed it brings me to tears. What have I done to deserve this? I have a graceful loving Father that is there for me and loves me when no one else is or does. Praise the Lord, Oh, my soul!


1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

LOVE this Sterling! Hope you had a very special birthday :)
PS: I thought you were younger than us?!?! I won't be 30 until December!!