Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Done A Little Different

This year we did Mother's Day a little different. We were invited to the Canaan Bhutanese Church to celebrate Mother's Day with them. I quickly accepted the invitation because nothing is like worshiping with people who have to constantly trust and have faith in the Lord for every day to day need. We as American that live in the well off city have so much money we don't know what to do with... if you don't agree with me I can quickly show you how privileged you are to have what you have. Anyways... this morning we got ready and headed off to the Bhutanese church. All the women were dressed to pretty in the Saris and where enjoying some praise and worship music. We couldn't understand any of the words, but they were praising the Lord the same way we do at our church but in a different tongue. One thing that was so different but so WONDERFUL... the Bhutanese had a time of Praise and Worship that was a little different than when we walked in... they would sing and praise and raise their hands and then the women leading went into prayer... it was an overwhelming moment of prayer... an up roar of prayer... it was all consuming and I felt the Spirit of God  swoop in... I was in tears praying the Scriptures I have been memorizing with my accountability partner...

"The Lord is the everlasting God;
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not grow tired or weary;
His understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases power to the weak.
Even the youth grow tired and weary
and young men stumble and fall, but
those who hope in the Lord will renew
their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles,
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

The other Scripture I was able to pray...

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold;
my chosen one, whom I delight.
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.

He will not shout or cry out
or raise his voice in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break
and a smoldering wick he will not blow out.

In all faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth." Isaiah 42:1-4

It was an over-powering moment that only could have been my God's Spirit and all consuming love that swooped in. I have experienced this once before in India after sharing my testimony and the women prayed over us. So amazing and I was blessed to be part of something so wonderful again. It makes me want more...

After the service everyone honored the moms. They had a Mother's Day cake and it was cut into small pieces and every mom got feed a piece of the cake by one of their children (I am guessing by the oldest child). I was told the reason for this was because we feed and take care of our children and this is an opportunity for the kids to show honor to their mom. So here is a picture of Hailee feeding me.

It was very interesting but very fun! Some of the kids also performed dances for us as well. I tried to download the videos but it didn't work. BOO! Oh well... it was amazing! Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms!!
 

No comments: