Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

All my Lord and nothing more

These past couple of week I have felt attacked. Attacked by satan... I have had bad sleep, I have been so tired, I have had pain in my jaw and a throbbing tooth, I have had another type of infection thing flare up, and have been having hip pain. The majority of these ailments have flared up in the past week. But let me share with you a little story...

Last week when I began to have this jaw pain I was thinking nothing of it because sometimes I have jaw pain when I chew to much gum (weird I know but what can a gum chewer do?), but it started making me realize this isn't the same thing as my "normal" jaw pain from gum. I came to this realization when everything was closed for Christmas and of course this is when it really began to bother me. So the day after Christmas I text messaged a friend of mine, whose husband is a pediatric dentist and they refereed me to a couple of dentists and she also told me to call the emergency number. I didn't really feel like it was an emergency, but I did. I called a few dentist emergency numbers but they didn't take new patients as emergency cases. Nice right? So I gave up and thought I would pursue it more tomorrow. Before I went to bed I took 3 Tylenol so it would help with any inflammation and help me sleep and it did help.

I woke up the next morning and I felt like it was getting better, so I blew it off and said I would be fine but as soon as I get back from India I will go to the dentist (if you don't know... I really REALLY dislike dentists). Well... I did not take Tylenol Wednesday night... I thought I would just try it. Well I did not sleep well and around 3 AM I got up and had to take Tylenol because my tooth was throbbing... it didn't hurt but it just throbbed like there was so much pressure. Thursday morning I knew something was not right, but I still didn't want to go to the dentist. I had to much going on. I talked to Bob and he said I should go so I wouldn't have a problem in India. What a smart man he is!

I gave in and I called a dentist's office that took our insurance but they were closed. Then I called another office and they just had an appointment open up... WHAT! The lady who made my appointment transferred me to the lady who deals with the insurance and I was telling her about the tooth that was bothering me and that 6 years ago I had a root canal done and that now it was throbbing. She recommended me call the Endodontist who did my root canal because if it was the tooth that is causing issues that the dentist wouldn't be able to do anything anyways and the dentist would send me to the Endodontist. She was trying to save me money... to go straight to where I needed to go instead of running all around and spending all this money. She gave me the number to the Endodontist I saw 6 years ago and I called.

When I called I told the secretary I didn't know if this was the office I had my root canal done or not and she check and it was! I told her my problem and told her the story and that I was leaving the country in a couple of days and she asked me how close I was to the office. I told her I was really close and I could be there very soon. I told her I had to find someone to watch my children and she gave me a little extra time, but I GOT IN!! I am super thankful for my friend, who was able to watch my children on such short notice... it makes me want to be more like her. :o) I got the the Endodontist's office and I got right in to see Dr. Garza and I had x-rays done and he was right there to tell me the problem.

It was bad news... I have an abscess under the crown of my tooth I had the root canal done 6 years ago. It needs to be cleaned out and that means a whole new root canal. UGH! Dr. Garza was ready to do the root canal right then and there! All I could think about was I needed to talk to Bob. LOL! I asked him how much it was going to be and he said between $1300 and $1400. I told him I could not pay that right now... personally all I could think about was India and how much that cost and how was I supposed to get this money. LOL! But, he did have another option... take a very strong antibiotic while gone and then come back and have the root canal done. I told him that is what I would have to do. Dr. Garza was a huge blessing... he was very understanding and talked me through it all. He did give me WORST case scenario... if the pain is so bad and swelling begins and gets horrible that I need to find a dentist or a Endodontist and have a root canal done in India or WORSTER case scenario... have my entire tooth removed. LOL! I know very humorous!

But, other than being blessed by an awesome Endodontist is he gave me a discount. He gave me 25% of this visit and 25% of my root canal... my root canal was now going to cost me $1000! I know that is still is a lot of money, but Dr. Garza did not have to help me out, but he did! I will have to say even though this whole situation didn't work out how I would want it too, but I do know God had His hand in it all. I was in tears all the way to my friend's house to pick up the girls. Tears of joy and tears of serving an AWEsome God! I am in AWE of Him! I know without a doubt He is going to blow my mind even more while we are in India.

This is a little of what God has been up to these past few days and today... I have been covered, blanketed by His perfect PEACE! I was talking with a good friend earlier and I couldn't explain it, but now I have figured out... it is His peace.

"The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40

1 comment:

Misty said...

:) you make me smile. Love you.