Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Do we die at 100??

A little while ago (out of no where) I was asked by Hailee "Do we die at 100?" My reply to her was "Well... sometimes people live to be a 100, but not always." I told her, "We all die. It is part of life and God's plan." I don't think she really appreciated my answer... I think it hurt her feelings, because after that she began to sob on the couch. I was cleaning floors and heard her crying. I asked her "Are you okay?" She said "No, I don't want to die. I don't want to go to heaven." I really felt the pull of the Spirit to talk with her one on one on what she was feeling. So we went to my room and I began to ask her why she didn't want to go to heaven. Well... duh... she doesn't want to die. I told her "You are going to live a long time. You are going to go to college, get married, have babies, and watch your kids grow up." (God willing) I tried to comfort her by telling her you will live 70+ years. I said "I haven't even lived 70 years, Grammy hasn't even live 70 years, but Mommo has and look she is still alive." Hailee smiled. I think she felt a little better, so we came back to the living room to finish watching Beauty and the Beast and I continued on with my chores. As I cleaned I prayed the Lord would comfort her and maybe stir more inside of her and convict her.

So, naptime came around and I was getting Heidi ready to take a nap and I got her down. During this time Hailee has her quiet time in her room to color, play, etc. Before I left her I asked her if she was okay and she said yes. So, I left and continued on with a few things I had to tend too. I then heard her crying in her room. I went to see if she was okay and she was sobbing again. I told her to come with me, so I could sit with her and we could have a conversation. I asked Hailee "What is wrong?". She said "I want to go where you are going?". I said "Well I am going to heaven. Are you going to go to heaven?". She replied "I don't know, but I want to go where you are going." I asked her "Do you believe you are a sinner? Do you believe Jesus was sent here by God to die for your sins and my sins?" She said "Yes.". I asked her if she wanted to pray and receive Christ as her Savior and she said yes. We prayed together a sweet prayer. A prayer of thanking the Lord for this day, a prayer that she will be a mighty woman of God, a prayer she would be dangerous for her generation, and a prayer that she would grow to love Him as much as He loves her. A sweet moment of tears and joy.

As I was writing this she came out of her room (after sobbing) and began to ask me questions and saying she wants to go where I am going... she seemed very worried. We talked again... I asked her if her sin was bothering her and she nodded her head. I told her do you want to pray and ask God to forgive you of your sinful self and she said yes. She prayed a sweet quiet prayer that I couldn't really understand, but I know God could and had confidence in that. When she was done I told her you are now going to heaven with me and daddy. She said "What about Heidi?" and began to tear up. I told her "If something was going to happen to Heidi she was going to heaven. I told her God holds a special place for little ones." She cried, but that gave her comfort. She is concerned if there will be toys in heaven, if there will be food, if our eyes will be open, etc. I didn't really have answers for her (except the eye question... I said yes.) and I told her I have never been to heaven and we will just have to wait and see. :o)

This has been a glorious day! A day I have been waiting for and praying for... Praise be to God for His love and patience.

"These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:7-9

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so wonderful, Sterling!!!

Tanner still thinks he will die when he is exactly 100...even though I always tell him that God has numbered his days, and we don't know how long that will be. Funny guy...

Very happy for your sweet Hailee.

Love,
Sarah