Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Live it out...

Yesterday, I began my adventure of living 'dangerously' for the Lord. As I posted in my last post there was an opportunity to go out and help the homeless of Houston. After church, we went out with 4 cars full of gallon jugs of frozen/cold water (over 100 jugs) and headed downtown to where the homeless hang out and live. We parked our cars in this empty parking lot and they all began to walk towards us. They were all very kind, courteous, and very thankful. One man was telling us "Our water is the best!". "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:38. Another man was asking if we had a Bible. God is truly revealing to us the needs for His people... water, ritz crackers and trail mix, and Bibles. Praise be to the LORD God almighty for His provision and the Holy Spirit that abides in us.

This morning I was talking to a good friend of mine, who I pray with and we were talking about this family who is adopting 3 orphans from the Ukraine area (there donation button is on the top left hand side of my blog called bring Elliot home).Really though... they were initially adopting 1 child, but when they went a few weeks ago to the Ukraine to visit with Elliot and get paper work in order they found 2 other little ones that they were convinced were theirs as well. Anyways... to make a long story short, my friend and I were talking about how the people who are 'taking care' of Elliot don't believe in the sanctity of life and believe Elliot doesn't have anything to give and is worthless. This tug at my heart to tears. It made me think and realize there are so many kids in this world that aren't given a chance... a chance to be the full potential that God made them to be, because there are people holding them back and not giving them the chance to know what love is. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14. Nothing God does is by accident... NOTHING!

My heart breaks for kids like this... so know I ask God "What does this mean?"... "What do you want of me!?".

"I call with all my heart; answer me, LORD,
and I will obey your decrees.
I call out to you; save me
and I will keep your statutes.
I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I have put my hope in your word.
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promises.
Hear my voice in accordance with your love;
preserve my life, LORD, according to your laws.
Those who devise wicked schemes are near,
but they are far from your law.
Yet you are near, LORD,
and all your commands are true.
Long ago I learned from your statutes
that you established them to last forever." Psalm 119:145-152

No comments: