Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hosanna! Hosanna!

I am learning new things about God's character and myself lately. As you know I am learning to forgive. Not just any old forgiveness... I am learning about the forgiveness the Lord calls us to forgive with. Make sense? But, as I have been forgiving others and asking for others to forgive me I have forgotten about or not known to forgive myself. I am good about beating myself up about a certain issue that has hurt others.

Last night our church had a worship service called Unhurried Worship. I love it when there is time to be with just God in the middle of the week! It is like a cool refreshment after being thirsty for the last 3 days (or longer). It was a blessing, because I was so THIRSTY!!!

My prayer for a while has been "Lord, Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours...Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause as I walk from earth into eternity."

As I poured my heart out last night to the Lord I realized He has been doing this... He is answering my prayer even if I haven't know it. It really clicked after the forgiveness issue I have been having and the hurting others and the unforgiveness for myself. I have felt the sickness in my stomach because He is giving me a glimmer of how He feels. He has been breaking my heart for what breaks His. I believe He does this to me all the time and I think that is one of the reasons I cry all the time, because I feel the saddness and the brokeness.

One of the things I hope I never lose is this softened heart and the flowing of tears. It makes me better and makes me search for the Lord as I go through struggles. I praise my Lord and Savior for healing my blindness, for healing my deafness, for healing my lameness and giving me the ability to be able to walk in the Truth, and for waking me up from the dead. Praise be to Jesus!

1 comment:

ongey42 said...

As always Sterling, I love the way you share your heart and your journey... this can only witness to what Jesus can do in a heart surrendered to him...

This is one of my favourites (pardon the Aussie spelling) “Lord, Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours...Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause as I walk from earth into eternity.”
Ian from Oz