Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Greatest is Love

Lately I have diving into scripture... I started reading through Acts and then came upon the chapters written about Thessalonica, Corinth, and Ephesus, etc. and really felt I should stop and read the letters Paul wrote to those churches. Last night I finished 1 Corinthians and was blown away... I felt like I was being spoken to. I guess really that is what is supposed to happen when you read God's holy word... right? LOL!

But really... we will never understand the very words of God written in the Bible. It will always mean different things to me and you during different time in our lives. When I was going through 1 Corinthians I underlined verses that were meaningful to me now and how it could benefit others in my walk with the Lord.

If I am to be a follower of Christ I am to believe and follow the very word of God that I read... right? So why are so many of these not being followed through in my life. My life is now about living it out to bring glory and honor to Him, but then I fall short in so many areas. I let my flesh get in the way.

I have seen a change in myself though... just how I think about people and how my thoughts have changed. I try to have that love and compassion for others as Jesus had while so many were against Him and He continued to love them and pray for them. It is so hard to love and pray for others that are hard to love. I tend to put those people on the back burner. It is so hard, when you don't see any fruit or a glimmer of the Spirit, to continue to love on them. You know?

I think the big thing the Lord is working on in me is to be loving. Loving no matter what the circumstance. If I ever talk to you about love... now you know why. Love is one of the very top things we are asked to do.... ever since the beginning of the New Testament, so obviously it is important. I believe you can love like a child loves and love firmly too. I believe it all can be put together to come across in a loving manner. Does that make sense? And I believe also, we can only love this perfectly through Christ and with His help... never could be accomplished on our own.

I know most of you have read these verses before and so have I, but it means something a little bit different to me these days... "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is no rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. "And now those three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments: