Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Thinkin' Today

I was reading a bit of the very word's of God and began to think about the upcoming holiday (Easter). Not so much Easter, but Passover and all that went on during the Passover meal with the 12 disciples. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. I think I like the Gospel of John best when describing the before and after Passover. I came across this passage today and it really made me think... Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.” John 13:44-50 It made me think about Jesus and His crying out and how sad He must have been. I wonder, "Why was this denial from the Jews any different from any of the other denials, that He was Messiah?", but Jesus knew what was coming. He knew He soon was going to be dying for all these people, who were not accepting Him. I can't even imagine how He was feeling. All He did was show His chosen people love and all they showed Him was hate. Sometimes (a lot of the time) I wish He would have told everyone He was the Messiah! Earlier today I was reading John 5 to the girls and was blown away by what I read... "And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You study[a] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. “I do not accept glory from human beings, but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts." John 5:37-42 It is still like this to this day... the Jews do all that was commanded of them by Moses, but believe Jesus was fake and was just a man. It breaks my heart for them, because if they did believe in Jesus they would be so very righteous in the eyes of God. They would bring Him so much glory... it would be beyond words. What are your beliefs? Do you believe He was just a man? Or do you believe He is the Messiah? Don't put God in a box! If He is big enough to lead Moses and all the Jews out of Egypt and the desert for 40 years or to speak to Noah and convince him what he needed to do and to get 2 of every animal (the list could go on). Why would God not be big enough to bring His Son to earth to mingle with all of us sinners? Just makes me think.

No comments: