Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Today...

Lately when I have my quiet time with the Lord I come to chapters or books in the Bible I feel led to read. Today I was led to the Book of Haggai... and wow, what a slap in the face. Oh... how I felt like it was talking to me and the entire world around me.

"Consider your ways! You have sown much, and bring in little;
You eat, but do not have enough; You drink, but you are not filled with drink;
You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; And he who earns wages,
Earns wages to put into a bag with holes." Haggai 1:5 and 6

First... I felt like I was being told "Wake up and look around you!". Have I done what God has been asking me to do?? Have I done what has been presisting me to do?? No.

I am given so much. More than I can put my mind around... and in return I can't do this one thing He is asking of me. One little thing that really isn't all that important... He just wants me to get rid of.

We all want and want and want and are never satisfied. If we are satisfied it is only for a millisecond until we come across something 'bigger and better'.

We all (even myself) just spend and spend. Sometimes we spend when we don't even have the money to cover it. We turn to our 'trusty' credit card. I am sick to death of it all!!! All of this earthly stuff gets in my way. I am at the end of my string. Maybe this is where God wants me right now. Maybe He has put me here to get me to be obedient.

I am sick and tired!!

No comments: