Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Just Live by Faith

Then the Lord answered me (Habakkuk) and said:
"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Thought it tarries (meaning staying longer than intended), wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith."

Habakkuk 2:2-4

As I sit and ponder this book of Habakkuk it makes me think about today's world. It is almost like Habakkuk is talking about this world now. But I know God is here and I know He is involved in every detail of today's world. We may not understand his reasoning, but this is when faith comes in and having total faith that He is in control. Habakkuk didn't know about Jesus and all that was going to happen with Him, but God sure did give him a little heads up. I wonder after hearing the assurance from God if it made him feel better and have more faith in Him?

I have to be honest.. I don't have the faith I wish I had. I can't quite put my finger on it, but things I desire and want to change I haven't fallen down on my knees before Him and asked for His grace and mercy. I haven't asked for Him to move in a certain situation to make it all about Him. I know that isn't bringing Him glory by 'keeping it to myself'... I need to just confess and bring it all to Him, but for some reason other things seem to always come first. Why do I do this?

I have grown in my faith and I know He can save, heal, and change any circumstance... I just need to give it up and give it to Him. I know He wants it all for His glory, so I need to just give it up. Be done with it! He has great things waiting for me and my family... now is the time to let Him move.

No comments: