Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It is that time of year again...

This time of the year really makes me think of all I am thankful for. It makes me put every in perspective and lets me see the big picture. Everyone in my home is healthy and growing and we have not lost anyone to death. During this time of the year I begin to think of the ones who are not so fortunate or the ones have broken families. I have began to make a list (in my head) of all that I am thankful for and I believe over the years it has changed and grown into something deeper. When I say deeper... I mean what is really important and what I really need to focus on more.

I always look forward to this time of the year because it gives off this wonderful feeling. I love the cooler weather, the bustling around, giving gifts to those unexpecting it, and being able to share God's love for us more openly. I also become sad at this time of the year because it has become all about the gifts and how big and expensive these gifts 'have' to be. Sometimes I wish we could just go one year with out gifts and spend the time together concentrating on what this season is truly about. Even though I say this... I love giving my girls gifts. I love seeing their eyes twinkle and their smiles they give while they open and play with their new toys. Then I begin to see a glimpse of what God sees and feels when we trust our faith in Him and when we are obedient to Him and His holy word.

Here is my Thankful list:

1. Thankful that I was made in the image of Christ and that my soul is saved through the blood of Jesus Christ.
2. Thankful for God guiding my life.
3. Thankful for Bob who loves me with all of my flaws.
4. Thankful for being able to live in this free country.
5. Thankful for being able to homeschool Hailee with no questions.
6. Thankful for Hailee's life and all the joy that comes with watching her grow.
7. Thankful for Heidi's life and all the joy that comes with watching her grow.
8. Thankful for Bob's job that supports us all.
9. Thankful for the roof over our head and the A/C and heat.
10. Thankful for the food in our fridge and pantry.
11. Thankful for Kingsland Baptist who continues lead me and Bob on the right path.
12. Thankful for our ABF who are all loving and supportive and continue to help us grow and flourish into the hands and feet of God.
13. Thankful for our family who loves us so much.
14. Thankful for our friends, who I call family.

I could go on and on but... this is the list for now. I hope you will be able to sit (or clean like I did) and think about all God has provided for you. Nothing is ever a coincident... it is always ALL GOD!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: