Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Growing in Faith

Today I read Acts 20-24 and I dug into it. These chapters are so inspiring! They inspire me to put it all out there and walk only in Faith and totally trust in my God. I really wanted to blog about these chapters, but not really sure what to say... I feel they pretty much explain themselves, but we will see if I am spoken to through them. :o)

Acts 20:17-24
"From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church. And when they had come to him, he said to them: "You know, from the first day I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you, serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance to God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulation awaits me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

Paul is so bold with his words. I can't get over how he just lays it out there and how he has total faith that this work he is doing on earth is all for God's glory and that his life here is nothing without Jesus. Just reading these words makes me want to be better... and just dive into whatever God has in store for me.

Acts 21:13
"Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."

Paul was replying to everyone who was telling him not to go to Jerusalem because he could be bound and put to death. But, Paul had no fear because it was all in the name of Jesus. How awesome is that? That is how he should all live every single day. Not scared to share our faith boldly but speak in love and show others what the real love of Jesus is. We shouldn't be scared of other's responses to our faith, but know what we live by is Truth and pray for those who question our faith.

Acts 23:11
"But the following night the Lord stood by him and said, "Be in good cheer, Paul; for as you have testified for Me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness to Rome."

WOW!!! The Lord stood by Paul and told him that he was doing well and that it was pleasing Him. How cool is that? Confirmation that all the torture and ridicule that he was going through was bringing glory to the Lord. Paul was being obedient no matter who or what was torturing him. WOW!

Acts 24:14-16
"But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written by Law and in the Prophets. I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and injust. This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men."

I have such faith in the Way because I know it is the only Way... the only way to make it through this life on earth, the only way to bring others to know Christ, the only way to bring glory to my Father, the only way to encourage others in their faith, the only way to grow in my faith, and the only way to make it to my everlasting life in heaven. Paul is such an inspiration. His life my not be my life, but it gives me hope and grows my faith. I pray for this boldness and the words from God to speak into others lives that might help build up their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: