Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Remembering Psalm 103

Last night a wise women reminded me of Psalm 103. God is so merciful to us... we constantly put God in this bubble and do things and think things that are so unpleasing to Him, but He continues to show us mercy. This is mercy we will never see or feel on earth until the 2nd coming of Jesus. This is mercy is unconditional love...

Psalm 103
Praise for the Lord Mercies

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And that is all within me, bless His holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all you diseases,
Who redeems yours life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.

For the heavens and high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father pities his children,
So the lord pities those who fear Him.
For he knows our frame (Psalm 139:15);
He remembers that we are dust.

As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more (Job 7:10).
But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children's children,
To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.

The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.

Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

This scripture really makes me sit and think about my life and what it is about. I don't want any part of my life not to be centered around Christ. Does that make sense? I want every part of everything I do to be pleasing to the Lord. I have figured out that feeling that you get when you know what you did was not what God wanted. Here is an example of that feeling... You all know I LOVE horses! I use to ride and I have missed it. Loving horses and being around them is like breathing for me... just so easy. When we got Hailee involved in horse back riding it made me begin to feel how much I had truly missed it. So, I talked to Hailee's instructor and asked her if she could train me. Of course she said yes... but when I emailed her about me riding I had this funny feeling that I shouldn't. I don't know if you know this but horse back riding is a very EXPENSIVE sport. Anyways... I continued on. I was so excited and let my feelings take control... but I couldn't shake this feeling inside, but I continued on my high. Around the time I had my third lesson I began to feel very overwhelmed with all that was on my plate and beginning to feel the stress financially. Then I began to realize what that unsettling feeling was... it was God. This feeling was not that God doesn't want me to ride, but more of that He doesn't want me to ride right now. He knows I have so much going on and more important things to tend to... like my relationship with Him. This is my example of that feeling... some will say it is your conscience but I say it is all God. It was hard for me to email Hailee's instructor and end my riding lessons, but I knew this was what God wanted... and really that is all I want.

My faith needs to not be in man, but in the One who holds it all in His hands.

No comments: