Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Prayer

Dear Jesus,

As I carve my pumpkin help me pray this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(cut the top off the pumpkin)

Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.
(clean out the inside)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
(cute out eyes shaped like hearts)

I'm sorry for the times I've turned up my nose at what You've given to me.
(cut a nose in the shape of the cross)

Open my ears so Your Word I will hear;
(cut ears shaped like the Bible)

Open my mouth to tell others You're near.
(cute the mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let You light shine in all I say and do!
(place a candle inside and light it)

Amen.
Here are some pictures of our pumpkin carving we did last night. I really wanted to emphasis this year about Jesus and all He has and continues to do for us. And no mater what we should shine the light He has given us.


Before we started.

The pumpkin goo

As you can tell neither one of the girls was into the pumpkin goo

Watching intently... making sure daddy doesn't chop a finger off
Lighting the pumpkin up for all to see

We have light... how about you?
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

LOVE this Sterling!!!! Never heard that prayer or seen a pumpkin like this....what a testimony :-)