Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Knowing Real Love

The other day I was talking to my mom about love... we were talking about about real love. I was saying that if someone isn't a Christ follower that they don't know real love. Then we got on the topic that just because they aren't a Christ follower doesn't mean they don't know how to love. I continue to stand firm on if you don't believe Jesus came to this earth and died for you and me while we had such sinful hearts... that you do not know REAL love.

"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

This is probably one of the most famous verses in the Bible. I knew this verse when I was young and didn't understand it at all! We were told to memorize this verse, but I couldn't because I had no clue what this love was and I wasn't having it poured into me at home. You have to understand this love... God gave His son death. Jesus knew what God wanted from Him and what He wanted Jesus to do... and Jesus was obedient to the plan of His death because He knew this was God's will for Him. We couldn't never ever in a million year wrap our heads around the fact that God's Son died for us... God had this plan for Jesus. I could never kill or have someone kill one of my girls for someone else. I am way to selfish, but God is jealous for me.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:12,13

I am not saying a non-believer can not love, because that is not true. You can be good and love all day long, but that is not what God wants or calls us to be. He wants us to be truthful and be all that He made us to be. His love is so far above anything we could ever do, but as a Christ follower we can strive to be that loving. Loving is so much more than just love... it is respect, patience, kindness, etc. It is so much more than words.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, it is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoice in truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is innocence and never to be altered because of anything. If you can not be loving and kind through bad times (or really any times good or bad) than it isn't love. It is merely putting up with that person. But, thankfully we have a good example of love and how it can flourish and be something that grows through any calm or storm.

"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:16-18

Love is hard. It goes hand in hand with labor... "labor of love" (1 Thessalonians 1:3). No one said it would be easy, but if God can do it we can do it. He made us out of His own image... so anything is possible. Through God all things are possible. No matter where a person comes from or what he or she's background my be... we need to reach out and be the hands and feet of Jesus and love all and show them God's love and be the light.

No comments: