Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Colors

So... I am sick and not ready for bed because I took a really long nap this afternoon... and I don't want to have to fight my sickness while I try to fall asleep. Does that make sense? Just thought I would share that. :o) Actually I should be working on my Israel letter, but I will get into that a little later. :o)

The last 2 weeks I have been taken away by colors. The marvelous colors God has made. First, it all started the other day with a beautiful sunset. The brightest most vibrant orange I have ever seen. I wanted to just wrap myself up in that beautiful orange. I then thought of God... Oh my... He made that color. That is what orange is supposed to look like. We try to come close to it with crayons, paints, etc. But, let me just tell you there is no way to even come close to this color orange I saw in the sunset. WOW! It was breath taking.

I think about all the work He put into that color orange... and if He put all that work into a color... how much work does He put into me? WOW! That orange color was gorgeous and I love to look into the sun when it is that bright and beautiful. Then I think of... God thinks that about me and you. We are so beautiful to Him... that He can't take His eyes off of us. We are like those vibrant colors He made... but He loves us way more than a color and puts way more work into us every single day.

I have been marveling at colors and things He has made. Just thinking about clouds and how puffy and soft they look, but really if we were up and wanting to sit or lay on a cloud we would fall right through it. I know not very soothing to think about... but they are all made so differently and they are made with a very important purpose. Then I begin to think about my purpose... Yes, God has a plan for each one of us and we are all in different places in our lives and all doing different things. Sometimes I feel like being a stay-at-home mom/wife isn't making a big enough impact or I am not able to touch other people's lives like I could if I was out working in the "real" world... but that is so not true. Yes, I have an important job to teach my children how love works, love on them, teach them... but I think they learn the most by watching me step out and help and love on others. I have really been trying to put myself out there and show my girls the importance of loving others. I believe God's plan for me right now is to love others in any way I can. So that is my goal.

Next time you get a chance take a look at the sunset. It will take your breath away. Think about God when you look at it and open your mind to bigger things than yourself and your worries. It can swallow you up and take you to a place you didn't think you could go.

1 comment:

Judy Gomez said...

Our God is such an artist! We have such beautiful sunsets here in Colorado! I think God makes them just for me because HE wants to remind me that HE is bigger than all my problems. I'm so thank for my eye sight! Loved your blog Sterling! Hope you feel better soon.