Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

This weekend...

I wanted to share some important things going on this weekend...

First, Kingsland Baptist Church is having a 5k and a 1 mile family walk this weekend for justice on human trafficing in our own community. Our pastor was telling the church this Sunday that there is human trafficing going on right down I-10 (off HWY 6 area). If you live in Katy or Houston then you know what I am talking about... that is way to close to home. Who would even thought this is going on in Houston. But it is... and KBC is making a point to stop this and stop those bad people from hurting anyone else. This cause has become very close to my heart since I have 2 little girls that are so precious to me and to God. I couldn't ever imagine if anything like this ever happened to my sweet angels. So, I am standing against this with Kingsland as we try to free and make a difference.

You can go here for more information.

Second, I have 3 fabulous God-loving friends who have started a consignment sale business. This is their second sale and it has grown tremendously. You can't register anymore items but, there will be another sale at the beginning of March of next year (I believe). They need more volunteers and of course they need people to come and buy. There is all kinds of baby toys, baby clothes, regular toys, older kid clothes, maturnity clothes, specialty items (bows, etc.), and the list can go on and on. I don't know of everything but only what I hear and am told. LOL! I am selling a lot of baby clothes and toys. SO COME AND BUY!!! LOL! Tot2Tot is also donating 5% to Just Run for a Cause. Come make a difference while having a good time shopping. :o)

You can go here for more information.

This is going to be a busy Saturday but, it is also going to glorify the Lord. :o)

1 comment:

Misty said...

thanks friend!! WE love you!