Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feeling full of thankfulness and blessings...

Today while I was getting dinner together in the crock pot I began to feel the overwhelming feeling of the blessings in my life and feeling so thankful for it all. First I was thankful for the food I was preparing for dinner and how thankful I am for being able to fill my families tummies tonight. Then I began to think of all the many families that aren't going to be able to do this and how some families have empty pantries and tummies. I am so thankful for the food that God has provided for us. I am thankful for my husband's job and the money he brings home so we can have this food to fill ourselves.

I began to think of all the many times I have complained about cleaning, washing and folding laundry, and even cooking. I know this is pretty normal in American homes but, it is not right. God has provided a roof over our head to keep us dry, warm, and cool. He has even provided the stuff of life to fill it. I may sometimes feel we need more or we need a bigger house but, really I am so thankful for what we do have and I ask for forgiveness for my selfishness. I am very thankful to be able to clean our house and take care of what God has provided us with. I pray I will begin to take better care of everything in it. I am also very thankful to be able to have nice clothes to wear and that my children are able to look cute. I began to think about a lot of other children in the world and how they may not have to opportunity to wear the "cute" clothes my 2 children are able to wear. Where do I get off even complaining about this? I have no right! I am so very lucky to even be able to have what I have.

Most of all... I am so thankful to be able to praise and worship my God in a free country. What a blessing that is in itself. Knowing that there are other Christ followers being persecuted for loving and worshiping Him just like I do here in the United States. I should take every minute I get to worship and praise Him and pray for the others that are not so lucky. I am blessed I was born here and can live her free. We take so much for granted when we have it "all" and forget what is truly important... our relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments: