Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Doubt

I think a lot of Christians have doubt about God and His control He has over your life. I also, think a lot of Christians don't think that miracles happen in this day and age but, really there are miracles happening all the time. They may not be miracles such as parting the Red Sea (Exodus chapter 14) or are they??? I think little miracles are just as important as big miracles... like all sin is the same to God... no sin is bigger than another. I believe He sees miracles as the same. I don't think you can truly relate unless you are a follower or Jesus Christ and open your eyes to things bigger than you.

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." Galations 3:26

God is way bigger than us... so big we could never wrap our minds around it all. You know? I still sit and think about how big He is. Just last night I was looking at the sunset and thinking about how beautiful the sunset was off the lake last weekend. Then I was thinking about how the sun was setting in the west and when we were at the lakehouse how it didn't seem like the west but more like the east. LOL! Then I started to think about how far the east is from the west... because it seems endless. It is endless... He makes our sin disappear to where there is nothing. Make sense?

God is so in control you wouldn't even know... LOL! I think even if you have known Jesus for a long time there still is doubt that creeps in from time to time. Doubt about yourself, doubt about the work you do, if you are really reaching out to those who need you or who are lost... doubt all the time. Then there is doubt if you go through a trial... asking why? Why me? What did I do to deserve this? I think... actually I know God puts us through trials to draw close to Him. That is all He wants. He wants everything to be about Him. He wants the praise, honor, and glory for it all! I have learned this through my trial with cancer. Yes, I am cancer-free and still have fear that it will come back but, I know if it does I will continue to live and cleave to Him. I won't be able to do it with out His breathe breathing into me.

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom not seeing you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith- the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:6-9

When I doubt that gives satan the chance to come in and really mess with me. That gives him the chance to come and change the way I think about God and the love He has for me. This is when the Bible comes in handy. Even if you feel lost in the Bible and don't know where to start or maybe don't understand... (you can always begin at Psalm 139... I love this chapter of Psalm) just sit and pray and ask God to take all the distractions away and ask Him to speak to you through His very word and penetrate your heart. He is listening and He wants to draw you in.

"For the word of God, is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

God is good all the time! He is always by my side leading me on His path. I always have two ways I can go... I can go God's way (which is always the "easiest") or I can go the other way (which ends up looking like the easiest but always turns out to be the hardest). No matter which way you go God already knows... He probably wishes you would just make it a little more easier on yourself to go His way because His way is ALWAYS the best way (even if it doesn't make sense at that very moment). He always will love you and that will never change.

2 comments:

Ameratis said...

Beautiful post and so truthful! Thank you for sharing. It is always so awesome to see how God is in control, which I have been fortunate to see in a very vivid manner lately, this inspires me to write about my own experience :)

Christi Brown said...

So good and so true! I love hearing His truths, especially from a sister in Christ!