Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Connections

Okay... a while back (who knows when) I blogged about not feeling connected and feeling lost. This is still the case in my life and I know some other women feel the same way. It is to the point I don't know what to do to fix this feeling or how to get back in the connection. Don't get me wrong I have friends. The kids and I still attend playgroup and other activities but, it is like something is missing. I still can't quite put my finger on it...

Anyways, I was reading a friends blog the other day and she blogged about this and how she knows and has talked to other women who feel the same way. Then at the closing of her blog post she came up with a solution. Her solution was taking charge... by calling someone you haven't talk to in a while (maybe someone you were friends with and some how your paths have gone off course for a while) and inviting other families over for dinner.

When I read this I was like "Yea, High-Five!" but, then I really started to think about it and I thought "NO WAY! I don't want a bunch of crazy kids in my house." If you know me well I am weird about my floors (I like them clean) and I don't like little people messing with my stuff or ruining my kids stuff and I don't like to clean up toys when they all leave. I know I know... this is a terrible attitude. Please pray for me :o).

Well, for a while I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit to get over this issue of mine and get over myself. I am so stinkin' selfish! And when I sit down and start thinking about how selfish I am it begins to make me sick! The Holy Spirit has been working on me for while and finally today I have given in. He is right... this is not my life or my time! My life is supposed to be all about Him and giving Him the glory.

I have changed my thoughts and my actions. If kids come over and dirty my floors... oh well... I can clean them when they leave. No our house is not big but, this is what the Lord has provided us with and I should open it up to whoever needs it. I can give up my everyday normalcy to help out a friend and be "inconvenienced". This is not my life and I need to live it more like a true Christian should.

I have taken charge and have invited a family over for dinner on Thursday. I have also offered to help a friend out with her 3 kiddos if she needs me. I am stepping out there and obeying the Holy Spirits convictions. I pray that I continue on His path and obey everything He asks of me.

3 comments:

Christi Brown said...

you go girl!

Mindy said...

Good for you girl! God always blesses obedience!

Elinette said...

I used to be a clean freak...I was set free from that and it's awesome! Even a messy house can bless your family and other's too. :)