Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Convicted by Scripture

Today I was doing my Bible study called One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer and I was totally convicted by these scriptures.

"For you are a people, holy to the Lord your God and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession, out of all the people who are on the face of the earth." Deuteronomy 14:2

He wants us to be close to Him. He wants us to want Him as much as He wants us and to me that is almost unattainable but, I know possible. You know what gets in the way? Our stinky filthy sin.

You may think or say to yourself... that scripture in Deuteronomy doesn't apply to us today in this day in age... well here you go dear friend...

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

He thinks you are just as precious and special as the Israelites He lead out of Egypt. He yearns for us. He wants us to be part of His family. But, if you let that sin take control... you are not going to have that closeness with Him.

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear." Isaiah 59:2

No matter how far away or deep you are in your sin... there is ALWAYS a way out. God still loves you no matter how stinky you may smell of sin. Pricilla Shirer says "He creates Sinai (mountain of God) experiences to refocus our attention on God. They cause us to desire Him more than the sin and selfishness that pollute our relationship."

"If you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be my own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation..." Exodus 19:5-6

I want to be this. It is a joy to pursue the call to holiness. I know I should obey the holy spirit more and this is something I am working on because all I want to do for the rest of my life on this earth is to bring Him glory through it all.

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgements and do them." Ezekiel 36:25-27

When I first read this I got tears in my eyes and now that I think about it I know why... because this is the Truth. This is what happens when you except Christ to be your Lord and Savior. He cleanses you... and though it is not an instant change... He walks beside you every step of the way and cleanses you of your filthiness. I know first hand that this is true and so wish everyone knew about this unconditional love.

I am so overwhelmed by how much He loves me and you... no matter how bad we think we are. I have so much to learn and understand...

No comments: